GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old November 16th 2002, 02:09

bergmann 911 cooling

Questions about this kit?? Did a search on STF, wow this was a hot topic back in 2000, (even when jake was posting as Jacob Raby, and even unregistered, didn't take him long for over 5000 posts.) Is it just because its a "bastard" system, or just it don't work??? The reason Im concerned is I am inquiring on a 2.o with that system on it. I hope this doesn't start another "WAR" on this topic, but I'm concerned; should I run far, far away ??
Old November 16th 2002, 11:40

Hey, thats over 6000 posts now..LOL

Anyway, I will not allow another cooling system war to happen, because I will not be adding any more opinion on the subject here, or probably any other board..

We have beat the subject to death and hundreds of posts from me are archived on several forums. They should give a general conception to my feelings on the subject...

I'm just one person, remember that...so my opinion matters about as much as anyone elses. The only difference is that I build and dyno atleast one engine per week and have been at that rate for 5 years...after a while you are able to identify trends..
Old November 16th 2002, 21:51

Hey thats cool, I just need a simple yes or no, maybe a depends. Anyone can post a reply, I already know what Jakes opinion about it is. The challange being the $$$$ thing, just like anything else I want to investigate all possibilities, wouldn't you? Thanks Darren
Old November 18th 2002, 16:34

Darren, I think the Bergman shroud/fan set up is a copy of the BAS shroud/fan. The BAS is popular in europe and seems to work well. How well Bergman copied it may be an issue..... I remember seeing an article in HVW on his fan set up. It got good reviews but he is a major advertiser so I doubt the mag. would have said anything bad anyway. Not a difinitive answer for sure. How long have you run your fan/alt?
ken

Last edited by kdanie; November 18th 2002 at 20:25.
Old November 20th 2002, 05:39
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

To be more clear, it's a copy of our system (Power Tuning Parts), long ago I travelled to BB with a machined case and a complete system, btw he bought several Type 1 & 4 sytems back in the times. He copied them and sells them, never got a copy of it, never wanted it indeed!
Yes, boys, even we copied the system, but we have another ring design with our own shroud and a ring diameter that nobody has. Some options are quite different.
BB makes his own fans, I don't know nothing about the quality, also he uses a US alt. No flaming, it's all long ago!