GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old January 21st 2007, 09:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
I went to tirerack.com, and foung BF Goodrich tires on 225/60-15 is raised white letters. That was the best I could do. (I only spent two minutes there, though.)
Yeah thats all I could find on that site too.
Old January 24th 2007, 00:34

What you guys think of these wheels?
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....ode=C32%2DCLP4
maybe like 195/50 up front and 195 or 205/60 in the rear.
Old January 24th 2007, 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedub View Post
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....ode=C32%2DCLP4
maybe like 195/50 up front and 195 or 205/60 in the rear.
For a GL ?

never
Old January 24th 2007, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdub View Post
For a GL ?

never
My bugs not GL if you look at my thread in the other topic, the paint scheme isnt GL..
Old January 24th 2007, 11:34

Quote:
Quote:
For a GL ? never
Quote:
My bugs not GL
Well, this a GL site. You shouldn't be surprised when you ask for an opinion you will get a GL-biased one.

Those wheels look heavy to me but their actual weight is not listed from what I could see.

Outside the GL world, Centerlines are quite popular. I didn't like 'em years before I heard of GL. Then again, it is for your car so get what you like.
Old January 24th 2007, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
Well, this a GL site. You shouldn't be surprised when you ask for an opinion you will get a GL-biased one.

Those wheels look heavy to me but their actual weight is not listed from what I could see.

Outside the GL world, Centerlines are quite popular. I didn't like 'em years before I heard of GL. Then again, it is for your car so get what you like.
thats exactly what i was thinking
Old January 25th 2007, 01:06

I know its a GL site but that shouldnt matter, Im not a fan of Cal look or GL really, I just like how some of these bugs look with rims that belong on jap imports Like Oasis's bug looks nice, but I had someone do a couple photochops of a complete bug in my 2 tone colors and the jap import style rims just dont look right and my dad also told me the centerlines would look really stupid on a bug at least he's honest, right?.I may just stay with my current wheels and just narrow the beam up front and put 1.25" wider fenders on rear to cover that 1inch of tire/rim sticking out or just go the 70's retro look and lower the car just enough to where the tires dont rub the fenders lip because I like the look of my wheels with the bug lowered, just wont be able to slam it.Anyone know how hard the baseball bat trick is, to flare the fenders if I was to stay with my curent wheels?
Old January 25th 2007, 10:35

There are a lot of Japanese cars and, therefore, a lot of Japanese rims. Plus, there is no shortage of aftermarket rims for Japanese cars. I would be a bit patient and look around thoroughly since this is a direction you like.

Another thing to consider is some bugs look good to you with Japanese rims but not with your color scheme. Maybe you shouldn't be locked in with your color scheme.

You are fortunate to have photoshop skills. Use them. And be creative.

The two biggest reasons for project abandonment is loss of funds and loss of time. The third biggest reason is a person compromising their way through the project and ending up with something that has nowhere to go without a lot of backtracking. Don't be a potential victim to Number Three.

Back when I had to consider my options with wheels, tires, suspension, brakes and fenders, I was told the baseball bat trick was fairly easy for someone with experience. Translation: Practice on some old fenders if you can, or have someone who has done it before do it for you.
Old January 25th 2007, 11:55

Oasis, just curious but what do you mean by saying I shouldnt be to locked in on my color sceme?Just curious is all.What type of rims would you run on my bug if it was yours an with this 2 tone sceme?
Old January 25th 2007, 22:40

Quote:
what do you mean by saying I shouldnt be to locked in on my color sceme?
I got the idea you saw rims from a Japanese car that you liked on a bug but those rims didn't look good on your bug after photo-amending. All I was suggesting (assuming I was right) is maybe you stick with the rims you like and go for a different color. Just something to consider.

Personal experience: I wanted a 1303 originally and had the color for ir already selected. When I bought my 1302 instead, I liked the color it had (not a traditional GL color either BTW even though it is monotone) and I didn't think my color selection would look as sharp on a 1302. So, I kept the original color.

I still may do a 1303 some day.

Quote:
What type of rims would you run on my bug if it was yours an with this 2 tone sceme?
Hmmm, I will have to give it some thought.
Old January 25th 2007, 23:49

Well, my paint is actually umm rustoleum so it will need to be painted in a year so when I do that I thought bout going with the solid Harbor blue, and run a offset racing stripe, which was my plan originally.The 2 tone was my dads idea, I went with it because it was just spray cans and also I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
Anyway, I seen some wheels on cip1.com that looked pretty cool to me, but they woud look cool if my bug was solid light blue.I'll post the link for you oasis, you tell me what you think.http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....=C23%2DVW32ALU
My dad dont like them but I do but the 2 tone will have to go.
Old January 26th 2007, 00:48

some partial photochops

what you think?
Old January 26th 2007, 09:11

basically at the mo i cant be bothered to pay to get everything painted properly so its gonna be satin black wings, bonnet, decklid and bumpers !

it'll do for now - and as its yellow it'll look like i've done it on purpose to look like one of rally special editions

Old January 26th 2007, 09:47

Quote:

HAHA awesome! Air Bug sweet. I used spray cans to paiunt my car, of course we treated the prep like it was being painted with normal paint, so I'd just need the outside painted on my car.The yellow and black looks cool, change the hood and decklid to carbon fiber
Old January 26th 2007, 12:03

Quote:
HAHA awesome! Air Bug sweet. I used spray cans to paiunt my car, of course we treated the prep like it was being painted with normal paint, so I'd just need the outside painted on my car.The yellow and black looks cool, change the hood and decklid to carbon fiber
i never thought about that

i have got cf running boards