GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 24th 2011, 00:24

'73 Superbeetle GL project

Some of you may have seen this over on The Samba, but I'm so pumped up I had to post it here as well. Today I took my 1973 Volkswagen Superbeetle German Look project out for some pics (by me).

It is a '73 Super with a Topline Parts MaXX strut conversion (with new bushings and strut brace), disc brakes conversion (drilled out for a 4x100 bolt pattern with press in studs), lowered 2 1/2", new interior with Scat Procar seats (modified to fit in the VW) and Watson Streetworks American Autowire wiring harness.

The motor is a 2187cc Type 1 based EMPI bubble head case based motor with CB Performance 044 heads (42x37.5), a CB 3qt sump, Scat 1.4:1 rockers and dual Weber IDF 44 carbs. The exhaust is a merged setup with an A1 muffler.

The interior is all new with a lot of dynamat laid down with new carpet over it. The rear seat was deleted, but replaced was a vinal wrapped shelf and speaker box.

Literally everything is new and so far is an absolute blast to drive (even though the carbs are a b**** to tune).