GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old July 20th 2013, 10:06

2110 or 2332 type one turbo

Good morning, I have three Super Beetles. two are type one engine, a 2332 that dropped a valve, had out repaired. A 2110 completely machined. Both have 044 heads and ported. Years has passed, at one point it was going to be a 2110, because of the thickness of the piston; and I choose to use the Dell's blow through. Now I possibly want to use the megasquirt 3.0 pro. Only one car am I going to keep, and its the worst; my 1303 3.0 type IV.
Here's the deal,I have the carbs already turbo upgraded. How much of a headache is it to go blow through carbs, or learning fuel injection. And lastly which will have the better fuel and drivability.
Old July 20th 2013, 11:32

Hi Francelle,
Go efi,much better tuneability,easier to tune also.Or just sell it and let someone else decide what they want to do with it!
Old July 20th 2013, 14:53

What is it? Do you mean the carbs? Or car? It can't bee the car due to its be at a very large loss.
Old July 22nd 2013, 13:08

I would say: sell the carbs, and go for an EFI system. EFI will not only have much better drivability, but more power, lower fuel consumption and it is waaaaay more reliable (if tuned correctly ofcourse). You need a good ignition system (retardable under boost) and EFI is the only way to go IMHO.
2110 would be more than sufficient for a turbo engine (no need to stretch it with a 2332cc) as long as it is well built. What cam, valvesizes and CR do you have in the engine now?

Cheers,

Robin
Old July 22nd 2013, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I would say: sell the carbs, and go for an EFI system. EFI will not only have much better drivability, but more power, lower fuel consumption and it is waaaaay more reliable (if tuned correctly ofcourse). You need a good ignition system (retardable under boost) and EFI is the only way to go IMHO.
2110 would be more than sufficient for a turbo engine (no need to stretch it with a 2332cc) as long as it is well built. What cam, valvesizes and CR do you have in the engine now?

Cheers,

Robin
Hi, I believe it's a Web Cam but its been a while(turbo grind). Heads are CB,044s dual spring. Compression 8 to 8.5. The crank is aCB 82mm, rods 5.5 'I' beam. I'll sell the 40Dells,MSD dizzy and start again. Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by effvee; July 22nd 2013 at 15:18.
Old July 24th 2013, 23:16

If you are thinking about switching to FI have you see what Mario has for sale?

http://www.thedubshop.net

The online website shop is small but if you contact him he has lots more that is not on the website yet. He should have a style of throttle body that will bolt in place of your carbs