GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > Boxer AutoGruppe

Old January 29th 2004, 12:59

Good point Brian,

Let's start 'easy'. If the show is a success, then we can add the Auto-X later. Also, our club is still relatively small, so we might end up shorthanded trying to manage the show and auto-x at the same time.

Should we contact the original organizers to see who we need to talk to etc. ?

We need to get cracking quickly if we want to pull this one off.

Rob.
Old January 29th 2004, 15:04
Administrator

I agree ... One thing though ... someone will have to front the cash for this ... and profit (if any) will be determined by what we can get back ... thats why we may want to look at additional clubs to help spread the load.

I also agree that we will have to start out small.

Just a thought.

Sandeep
Old January 29th 2004, 15:14

Did someone say Sponsors?
We have to canvas the local vw comunity, also find an affordable venue. I was thinking a location that is somewhat close to the centre of the city, so that its close to everyone. Square One in Mississauga perhaps?
Also, I think we need to find the venue first, then we will have an idea of how much $$$$ we need to raise.
Old January 29th 2004, 23:56

Sandeep,
Give Alex a weeklong cruise that just happens to be at the same time as the Targa, get a good locksmith for the garage....

When he gets home all sunburned tell him you used it to promote Germanlook.com. and you thought the cruise cost was the rental.

Then run...

Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old January 30th 2004, 10:20
Administrator

Old February 10th 2004, 14:00

This sounds pretty cool! I personally never liked the way the GCBS was managed and organised (actually disorganized) but that's just my .02 I did like the new location better than the old one, + I have my own reasons for not liking the show...some of you might know them others may not... and we'll leave it at that! Let me know how it goes and I'll see if there is any way I can help out/sponsor in one way or another...maybe Performance Ipmrovements Gift Cretificates or something along the way...
Old February 15th 2004, 12:39

Ok....here's an offer

I have more than enough property to hold a show!!

BUT...I'm not willing to go it alone, there are legal, insurance, logistics etc., etc.....all that kind of stuff to be worked out. The show would have to generate a small profit to cover the next years expences, outhouses, grounds improvments, aftershow clean-up, etc. I would not jack up the grounds fees like I imagine the Hershey center has done, etc.
The show promoter would have to be a separate entity and I would rent my property for something like $1. so that I would not be legally responsible in the case of a mishap. That said, I will not be out of pocket for expences, or the deal would be dead quick.

Sorry no AX, maybe a fun run after the show. I could, in the future, have off-road racing. I would want it to be a Porsche/VW show all years.

I'm about an hour east of TO. I already know that I can hold an event like this once per year, I have checked it out.

Let me know if there is interest, Mark

Last edited by Mark the canuck; February 15th 2004 at 12:58.
Old February 17th 2004, 13:21

Mark,
Thats awesome, where is your property located?
Of course we would need to have some sort of entry fee to help finance the event. I think that if we break even the first year of holding the event, we've done well.
Maybe in years to come attendance will go up, but for this being the first year of holding the show, I dont think the event will be super enormous, just fun

cheers, B

P.S. Sandeep, email me about the BAG website, we gotta hook up iambryan@hotmail.com
Old February 17th 2004, 14:20

here's whats going on in watercooled land:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1238656

pete
Old February 19th 2004, 01:48

[QUOTE=CLKWRK]Mark,
Thats awesome, where is your property located?
Of course we would need to have some sort of entry fee to help finance the event. I think that if we break even the first year of holding the event, we've done well.
QUOTE]

I'm 10min north of Port Hope, 20min north/east of Bowmanville or the near the Kirby (Oshawa ski club) ski hill.

I don't want anything from the event, I would just want it to pay it's own way. When I say "grounds improvements" I mean things like if a certain area gets torn up we may need a load of gravel. Things that I would have to do anyways, as part of normal house/property expenses, I would not expect the show to pay for. I only say this because I know someone "might" say I'm getting/wanting free stuff.

Oh wait, one thing I would want, as part of the Admission, everyone brings a can of food for the local food bank.

We would need a good (maybe elected) committee and volunteers to make this work.