GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old April 25th 2003, 19:16

Sacramento Bug-O-Rama!!!

On May 25th BOR is going to happen. Its the biggest show in Northern Cali and a blast. What I want to do is camp in the pits the night before. It would be a good chance for us GL folk to get together and talk GL so if your interested PM me and I'll kick down the dealio.

Nick
Old April 29th 2003, 13:25

I just wanted this back on top. It's right around the corner, its definitly a show worth going to. Hell them Cal Look (DKP)guys drive all the way from SoCal to race, so lets show them there's a new look in town. Peace!

Nick
GL4LIFE
Old April 29th 2003, 13:52

Me and SupaNinja have gone to this show many times now, it is worth the drive, not only for the Drag Races but its cool to be around other VDubb people and say screw those rice burners cuz we the diggidy bomb... sorry... Peace
Old April 29th 2003, 17:21

hey all...i'm going and can't wait to go...SN i would love to camp alltogether but i'm caravaning with some friends and we have plans to camp together and i'll try to convince to camp by the "group"...tim
Old April 29th 2003, 18:15

The camping is in the pits and I'll scout out large open area so we'll have plenty of room for everyone.

Nick
Old May 5th 2003, 15:28

I just want to remind all you CA/OR GLers that the show is less three weeks away. I was just at the "VW's by the Bay" Vallejo, CA show and I'm happy to report that a Type IV powered Bug beat a Turbo Bug, a 2390cc Type 1 powered bug and a GTI in the burn out contest. I know it doesn't mean anything. I'm really looking forward to BOR as always.

Nick
Old May 21st 2003, 10:36

This Saturday camping, you got till 10pm to get in the gates. Sunday is the show. If your planning on making it PM me, or better yet email me at nick72super@hotmail.com and I'll give you my cell #. Peace!

Nick

Last edited by Supa Ninja; May 22nd 2003 at 16:42.
Old May 27th 2003, 10:41

Cyrus2Dope and myself went to Bug-O-Rama 51 and as always it lived up to the hype. Now its been 9 months since the last BOR and my GL addiction is complete so looking through my new GL eyes I did make sum observations. Cal Look still has complete control here in NorCal and Type IV parts are scarce but very cheap.
The elusive silver oval GL drag car was there, he drove by me on the return road but I didn't have my camera on me, while I was watching the racing I didn't see him so hopefully he didn't have any mechanical problems. He runs a Type IV with a very large turbo, looks like early 944 brakes and Turbo Twists 17's. The rumor is he put it in the wall last year. In the car show I saw my dream car even though its a kit I still would give my left leg but I would need it to drive the car, 550 Spyder, black and very clean. There were no Type IV powered cars except for a couple of drag cars. GL has not taken hold of here at all. I guess the few of us that are doing it, KDanie, Havik180, Cyrus2Dope, iheartvw, myself are boldy going where no Cal Looker has gone before. I got sum digital pic and I'll download them asap.

Nick
Old May 28th 2003, 04:28

supa...sorry i did give you a call i wasn't going to go and then at the last min. i got to go ...i saw the GL drag car from a distance but never got to look at it up close ...oh did you see the crash? it was so cool (and by 'cool' i mean sucks for them but awsome to see) this was my first BOR and i can't wait for the next one, I give BOR a big high five and a low ten...Tim