GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > Boxer AutoGruppe

Old August 21st 2010, 21:09

I agree 100%, although this is a GL performance forum, and I came into the GL scene not even being a VW guy, I've learned a major appreciation for the original VW stuff.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonebuggy View Post
Killer ride Pete!

You have a split modified to the nines for your performance giggles.

Rock it stock dude! Clean and tidy it up, do the maintenance/repairs to get it reliable and enjoy! I like a performance/modified VW as much as we all do, but a time capsule stocker is irreplaceably cool!

my .02

Alex
Old August 23rd 2010, 07:45

This is like being on the Samba. "Keep it stock". WTF? Yes, it is a valuable VW. Let's keep it that way by making it be able to get on the highway without being rear-ended and having it stop without rear-ending someone else. Like Pete said, ain't nothing being done that can't be undone. He is not chopping the roof, adding 2 more windows to make it a 23, or anything like that. Motor, trans, brakes, rims, dropped. New stock interior, likely rolling the stock paint or at least the stock colour. It's all good. Relax boys, and push him along to actually get this little project done for next summer.
Old August 23rd 2010, 12:42
Administrator

Good points Greg

If that were my bus, I'd put in a warmed over 2056cc T4 (140 hp) but built for torque + EFI/DIS, install the 923 5 speed and lower the bus.

I'd install a boxster 24mm x 298mm disc brake kit, but use Lanners custom hubs on the stock bus bolt circle. I'd then find another set of stock rims and have those widened to 15x7 and 15x8.

That should make the bus fun (and safe) to drive, while looking pretty stock too

My .02c

Sandeep
Old August 23rd 2010, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedPerfection View Post
This is like being on the Samba. "Keep it stock". WTF? Yes, it is a valuable VW. Let's keep it that way by making it be able to get on the highway without being rear-ended and having it stop without rear-ending someone else. Like Pete said, ain't nothing being done that can't be undone. He is not chopping the roof, adding 2 more windows to make it a 23, or anything like that. Motor, trans, brakes, rims, dropped. New stock interior, likely rolling the stock paint or at least the stock colour. It's all good. Relax boys, and push him along to actually get this little project done for next summer.
Agreed Greg

These simple things can always be converted back to stock if need be. Slam it, big motor, big brakes and enjoy the 401

Looking forward to seeing this build
Old August 23rd 2010, 18:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedPerfection View Post
Fine you win, lol. All you had to do was compare it to the samba
Old August 23rd 2010, 20:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
Good points Greg

If that were my bus, I'd put in a warmed over 2056cc T4 (140 hp) but built for torque + EFI/DIS, install the 923 5 speed and lower the bus.

I'd install a boxster 24mm x 298mm disc brake kit, but use Lanners custom hubs on the stock bus bolt circle. I'd then find another set of stock rims and have those widened to 15x7 and 15x8.

That should make the bus fun (and safe) to drive, while looking pretty stock too

My .02c

Sandeep
Exactly what i was thinking! Minus the steelies. I have the early fuchs all polished up begging to be put on something. They've been sitting in my basement for about a year and a half!

I like your motor ideas. I have the Electromotive TEC2, you have a T4 motor for me?

Know where i can find one?

later,
Old August 23rd 2010, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
Exactly what i was thinking! Minus the steelies. I have the early fuchs all polished up begging to be put on something. They've been sitting in my basement for about a year and a half!

I like your motor ideas. I have the Electromotive TEC2, you have a T4 motor for me?

Know where i can find one?

later,
Yeah, he does but I already put my name on it!