GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old May 28th 2003, 17:50

No Oil Pressure ?

Since I had some concern about my main bearings being possibly bad, I purchaced an oil pressure guage. My oil light has not come on and it is working. I installed the sender and guage, turned the key, and the needle moved a tiny bit. Then I fired it up and the needle never climbed any higher. Basically 0 oil pressure. So I took a spin around the block thinking maybe it just needed time to fill up the sender or what ever it might need time for. Still no pressure. Any ideas? With the oil temp guage, if I disconnect a wire the needle pegs to the hot side. With the pressure guage if I disconect a wire it stays at 0. Is there any other test I might do.
I don't really want to face that I have no oil pressure

Thanks
Ron
Old May 28th 2003, 22:53

You guys are so slow! So, I came up with a test. I wasted a $61.00 oil and filter change to weed out a cloggged fillter, and fired it up. Still no pressure reading. Next I loosened the fitting at the case where the sender goes and oil trickles out, but thats about it. Not even enough pressure to squirt oil. I cut the old filter in 1/2 but it looked clean, but I did get some (very little) brass when I removed the sender.

Ron