GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old October 21st 2009, 08:28
kraM kraM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Hey Hugo,

I first saw your car on the rorty site.
I wish I had the time and money to build a mid-engine monster like yours but i suppose that my 1600ACVW motor will have to do for now
Keep up the good work man and all of the best and good luck for the rest of the build.
Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old January 4th 2011, 22:42
hugovw1976's Avatar
hugovw1976 hugovw1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico, City
Posts: 160
I start to work on my car again:

Cut the car to have easy access to the engine bay (like vw fun cup's cars).









Suicide doors:









New wheels 18 x 8.5 - 225/40/18 front 18 x 11 295/30/18 rear:













And wating for a shoop delivery my engine components fully balance. Pictures soon.
__________________
VW 1976
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old January 5th 2011, 02:30
Tony Z Tony Z is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 91
amazing work!!!
__________________
1969 VW aka Suicyde
www.geocities.com/suicyde_vw
Tony__Z@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old January 6th 2011, 08:31
70Turbobug 70Turbobug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
Very nicely done!! Fantastic!!!! A good friend of mine also has a 3.6L Audi V8 twin turbo and tiptronic Porsche Transmission in his bug. http://www.youtube.com/user/loco8576
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old January 8th 2011, 17:43
volkdent's Avatar
volkdent volkdent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Posts: 1,684
Nice to see you back on it! Keep going!

Jason
__________________
If I could just get paid for my sleepless nights....
1960 VW Bug UBRDUB
Walkaround
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old January 8th 2011, 17:44
volkdent's Avatar
volkdent volkdent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Very nicely done!! Fantastic!!!! A good friend of mine also has a 3.6L Audi V8 twin turbo and tiptronic Porsche Transmission in his bug. http://www.youtube.com/user/loco8576
You know him? I love that thing! How does it handle? Any idea what sort of HP he's got?

Jason
__________________
If I could just get paid for my sleepless nights....
1960 VW Bug UBRDUB
Walkaround
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old January 9th 2011, 07:10
70Turbobug 70Turbobug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
Yes,he´s a very good friend of mine.The car handles very well.He didn´t build it as a strict drag racer,it can corner just as good as most sports cars.Right now he´s pushing around 600-650hp and hasn´t reached full boost yet.The twin turbos spool up to about 1.2-1.4 bar and he´s finally able to get 0,8-1,0 bar without pulverising the transmission.He estimates it will do about 700-750hp.The tiptronic seems to hold up well even though it was a nightmare to programm.He has done everything himself except the engine and mapping.He´s not an engine buff,but he is an expert in fabricating.It looks like a 1200 beetle,but it´s actually a 1302 - the body has been modified to look like a 1200.The wheelbase is still 1302.It is brutal and incredibly stable.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old January 9th 2011, 09:23
hugovw1976's Avatar
hugovw1976 hugovw1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico, City
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Yes,he´s a very good friend of mine.The car handles very well.He didn´t build it as a strict drag racer,it can corner just as good as most sports cars.Right now he´s pushing around 600-650hp and hasn´t reached full boost yet.The twin turbos spool up to about 1.2-1.4 bar and he´s finally able to get 0,8-1,0 bar without pulverising the transmission.He estimates it will do about 700-750hp.The tiptronic seems to hold up well even though it was a nightmare to programm.He has done everything himself except the engine and mapping.He´s not an engine buff,but he is an expert in fabricating.It looks like a 1200 beetle,but it´s actually a 1302 - the body has been modified to look like a 1200.The wheelbase is still 1302.It is brutal and incredibly stable.
Do you have pictures of the car? interior, suspension, transmision. the car look amazing.
__________________
VW 1976
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old January 9th 2011, 12:35
70Turbobug 70Turbobug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
No I don´t have any pictures that are up to date,you can actually see more in the videos on you tube than what I have,sorry. There will be a feature of this car next month in the German VW Scene magazine.He will also be in Hannover,Germany at the Maikäfertreffen on May 1st - look for the Bug-Talk Banner the car will be parked right next to it on display.

Here´s another couple of shots: http://www.volksrodderz.de/2010/04/1...cke-hat-n-drin

http://www.volksrodderz.de/2010/01/3...ns-v8-bi-turbo

Last edited by 70Turbobug; January 9th 2011 at 12:41.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old January 11th 2011, 02:03
volkdent's Avatar
volkdent volkdent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
No I don´t have any pictures that are up to date,you can actually see more in the videos on you tube than what I have,sorry. There will be a feature of this car next month in the German VW Scene magazine.He will also be in Hannover,Germany at the Maikäfertreffen on May 1st - look for the Bug-Talk Banner the car will be parked right next to it on display.

Here´s another couple of shots: http://www.volksrodderz.de/2010/04/1...cke-hat-n-drin

http://www.volksrodderz.de/2010/01/3...ns-v8-bi-turbo
Thanks, those pics answer a lot of questions, sorry to hijack Hugo!

Jason
__________________
If I could just get paid for my sleepless nights....
1960 VW Bug UBRDUB
Walkaround
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old January 12th 2011, 04:51
70Turbobug 70Turbobug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 545
I like Hugo´s rear suspension arrangement better than El Loco´s,actually. What is your target weight? El Loco´s bug weighs just under 1100kg with a full tank of gas.The fenders are steel also.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old January 12th 2011, 18:22
hugovw1976's Avatar
hugovw1976 hugovw1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico, City
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
I like Hugo´s rear suspension arrangement better than El Loco´s,actually. What is your target weight? El Loco´s bug weighs just under 1100kg with a full tank of gas.The fenders are steel also.
Under 1250 kg.
__________________
VW 1976
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old July 18th 2011, 15:52
hugovw1976's Avatar
hugovw1976 hugovw1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico, City
Posts: 160
Pistons y Connecting Rods (9:1 compression):



Main Studs ARP.





Connecting Rod Bearings:


Some of the gaskets:




































__________________
VW 1976
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old July 18th 2011, 18:56
volkdent's Avatar
volkdent volkdent is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Posts: 1,684
Looking good! You going to have it running by next summer?

Jason
__________________
If I could just get paid for my sleepless nights....
1960 VW Bug UBRDUB
Walkaround
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old July 19th 2011, 09:42
hugovw1976's Avatar
hugovw1976 hugovw1976 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mexico, City
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkdent View Post
Looking good! You going to have it running by next summer?

Jason
I hope so, I need to fabricate the intake manifold and many other thinks.
__________________
VW 1976
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© www.GermanLook.net 2002-2017. All Rights Reserved