GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old June 30th 2003, 02:45

Unhappy 2332 oil leaker

Hi everyone, I started taking apart the engine today. Boy oh boy I found everything wrong. The engine was clearenced for a 84mm crank. The scat "H" beam were supposed to clear a 84mm 94bore type "B" pistons. That's in dream world, the rodes had hit on everyone piston and O yeah about that oil puking,well it because of the #3 cylinder second ring gap/total seal were open. That made excessive blow-by. I'm going to clearence the piston a little, can't afford a new set at this time, since they are only two months old. This time ill pay close attention. I also took some weight off the flywheel due to I did not like the sluggishness from the stand still. Boy I hope I don't see much more wrong with my engine.
Old August 9th 2003, 04:29

Follow up on 2332 type I

Hi, just a few word about my 2332. You here all those catolog/magizine mechanics talk a good story. For me here's the real 411. Ever since I built the engine it had a miss in it. To futher add insult to injury it puked oiled at 75mph+. And yeah, yeah, yeah lot's of engine vents, both at the valve covers and oiller filler. I choose to lower the compression to 7.4 per the Berg soft ware. I also install a remote oil cooler -8 (big mistake) I installed the cooler left side in front of the rear time for the ram air effect.The oil cooler line should have beem -6 (-8 starve's the rockers. Now back to those 94 pitons (even bigger mistake for a daily driver) runs hot, gets hot, then comes the blow-by and oil just starts coming from anywhere, everywhere. Listen don't do it, don't go above 90.5 in the piston and liners.. since that time I had a stuck intake, which caused a carb fire due to the continual back fire into the intake, now as I type my wife had to come and get me had another car fire. Had a electrical fire last two weeks. You know they say nothing beats a bit engine. Well big is not always better stay within your means or you will regreat it
Old August 9th 2003, 15:58

effvee,

i respect your thoughts and opinions, but i totally disagree. i have a BIG 2332 and i love it. i only get oil squirting out if the dipstick, when im on the highway cruising at 4000-5000rpm. sure it makes a mess, but i spray on the engine desgreaser, hose it down, and its new again. my 94's are good haven't had a problem with them. 94's are cima barrels, and wiseco pistons. i have all my oil plumbed with 3/4 parker hose or pipe. my breathers are 1/2, which i will change to 3/4 when i take the valve covers off to adjust valves. i bought my case from fisher buggies, it was clearanced for a 82mm crank, and i dropped my 84 crank in, and had to clearance very little. the eagle rods (chevy journal), didn't require a lot room, so additional clearancing was minimal. motor runs cold, doesn't really see any heat unless i beat on it, or i'm cruising at a good rate on the highway.
sorry about your luck.

pete
Old August 12th 2003, 03:35

Don't know what's going on

Hi, well to be very frank with you, heavens I just don't know what up with this engine. At this time of the year it's 105 degress here in Cucamonga, CA. I don't know if the Scat crank has a problem? such as not true. And yes there is a lot of blow-by after I get off the freeway of approx one hour drive. My speeds are around 80mph. I lowered the compression to 7.3.. Engine run good but hot. I do beleive the blow-by starts after it get hot. And its from the crank area. It's got me tired of the VW sense I'll say that much. And I have four of them waiting to be reborn. :toilet: :toilet: :broken:
Old August 23rd 2003, 12:00

Vent your case into the headers.

Mr. Gasket Crankcase Evacuation System

View larger image
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Built primarily for drag race applications, this system is designed to reduce pressure build-up in the engine crank-case. The results are better piston ring seal, less intake charge contamination, and reduced oil leaks, while increasing engine performance. Includes two chrome plated push-on valve cover breathers, breather grommets, check valves and 3-1/2'' long threaded tubes. Tubes must be welded into collectors.

For a complete list of Mr. Gasket Crankcase Evacuation System, click here.

720-6002 Evacuation System $31.99

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...23&prmenbr=361
Old August 26th 2003, 02:43

More B.S on 2332

Hi gang. The reason for the up dates are due to, me hoping I can help someone else. So here goes, I left home at 1:00pm in route to work going down the road about 80mph. The engine never stopped leaking oil ever, but suddenly I see alot of blue somke. Then some lose of power, I pull over thinking just some oil on the headers. Oil everywhere, since I'm running a Oberg filter with braded lines I felt maybe to much heat from the header on the oil lines. Even though they are heat wraped, I check the dip stick and no oil. So I walk a mile get three quarts of oil. Start it up in order to see where is the oil leak. Before I could get to the engine to inspect oil everywhere. Now I look and see the valve gasket hanging. I remove the valve cover, dam not number 4 again! Let me back up a little, with the car fire due the intake valve stuck open, I had the heads rebuild. I insturcted european auto to do a valve job but don't fly cut the heads doing the valves. They informed me that due to number 4 exhaust rocker coming loose running on the retainer, and that the retainer was a chevy type retainer and they did not stock. I gave the go ahead to use the worn retainer. Two guides were replaced, and a valve job completed, but the valve height were of different height. I had to shim the rockers even higher due to the two valves height were longer in the seat area. Well I now find number 4 exhuast even higher then the rest and the spring, and it spin with ease. Well this means another tear down of which I just don't have another place to work on it. When I sold my condo I really did not want to touch the money until I buy another home. But that dam car has been a real night mare from the get go. Now I look for a late model truck.

Last edited by effvee; August 26th 2003 at 13:14.