GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old March 17th 2011, 06:57

Exclamation It is not a VW but it worths every penny of it

BMW 1992 Model E30 ///M3 Diamond Schwartz paint code 181/9,
Engine conversion S50-B30, 3.0 (E36 M3) Car with no rust & accident free.
This ad is for those who are interest in E30's with an engine conversion! Please read my detailed description if you are serious about this car!

About me: As a big enthusiast of classic BMWs and Beetles, I own a E30 convertible (my mother drives it around), the subject E30 that is currently for sale, a 1971 2002ti and two VW beetles, a 1303s German Look and a totally stock 1964 - 1200. All my projects are at a very professional level. I am not a dealer in need to roll cars in order to make money what so ever. The time and money I invest into my projects are absolutely not worth it from the business point of view. It is all about the passion!!

About my engine choice: I decided to use the S50 B30 engine since this engine is the most reliable engine of all the "S" series engines. Vanos do not create problems like they do on the S50-B32 engines and the engine is not as heavy as an S38 unit therefore I believe is the best option (moneywise - powerwise). I was inspired from the German performance company "Hartge" who where the pioneers of fitting the big 6 cylinder engines on the small BMW's (E21-E30, etc).

What is the actual weight distribution? The true weight distribution of the real street factory E30 M3 is front 51.0 and rear 49.0 depending on the car options. It's not exact 50/50. I have measured an E30 M3 at a friends corner balance scale. After my S50 conversion, the weight distribution increased by only 2% at the front. That means 53.0 for the front and 47.0 for the rear. This is with full interior, spare tire, full liquids, all carpets etc.

How important is the weight distribution? Well, after the S50-B30 conversion, the weight distribution is not bad at all. It is important because now I can easily out perform my friend's E30 M3 S14 / E36 M3 / E46 M3 powered in any circumstance due to my cars weight (a lot lighter).

Exterior: Diamond Schwartz Metallic BMW (paint code 181/9). The body is completely rust free with no accidents. The car has the original factory paint! It includes: original //M tech II body-kit, new black HELLA head lights, new oem yellow turn signals as well new smoked turn lenses. Also includes: all new oem emblems, new fog lights, and the most unique part are the "BMW Motorsport" engraved door handles. The car has been always garaged or if outside covered!

Interior: Original E30 M3 leather interior, new //M-tech emblems, //M tech II steering wheel and //M illuminated black leather shift knob, new heater core and all new interior bulbs. Original E30 M3 instrument cluster has been modified to match the new engines performance by Dakota digital in the US. The trip kilometers has been set to 0 after the completion of the S50 B30 rebuild from the very first time I started the engine. Check control, OBC is clean with no warning lights. Speakers work perfectly. Heater is in mint condition. AC is there (brand new evaporator - still in the box) if required I can install the new evaporator, charge the system and it will work perfectly, but from the performance point, I kept it out. Everything is working in the car with no exceptions.

Drive train:Is the legendary S50-B30 euro spec from an unfortunate E36 M3. The engine has been completely rebuilt with all new parts. New bearings set, timing chain, guides, new factory timing chain tenssioners, new water & oil pumps. Upgrade E28 530i brake booster, ABS unit can be electronically engaged and dis-engaged by the push of a button. Custom engine brackets were made in order to "sit" the engine properly in the engine bay. Upgraded aluminum radiator has been bought from the US. Everything looks like factory intended. Original diagnostic plug is in excellent working order.

What transmission I chose? My choice is the well known and bullet proof 5 speed gearbox from the E36 M3: All 3.0-liter E36 M3s regardless of engine type have a ZF Type C five-speed manual gearbox with the following ratios: 4.20 (1), 2.49 (2), 1.66 (3), 1.24 (4), 1.00 (5). This is mated to a limited slip differential (25%) with a 3.15:1 final drive from a E30 M3. The tranny shifts nice and tight. Gears do not grind and the shifter is extremely precise. New seals have been used everywhere, no oil leaks.

Suspension: Everybody knows that the E30's have weak front suspension towers. The cure to this problem is only one and is called coilover suspension. I have built a custom coilover suspension which is fully adjustable and have placed yellow sport bilsteins at the back.

Brakes: came from a donor E30 M3 and they work extremely well with the combination of the hydraulic booster.

Wheels: BBS cross spoke E30 M3 original alloys 7,5 x 16'.

What kind of exhaust? Original E36 M3 exhaust. The engine flows amazingly and sounds exactly as an original E36 M3. Perfect 6 cylinder BMW sound.

After I completed the project: After I finished the project I drove it for about 3500km and then I made the first oil change. I was very careful to brake in the engine properly. There were no problems, no overheating, and no oil leaks! Nothing! It proves that everything is reliable and holds as a factory car! I have covered so far total of 42,000km with no problems whatsoever!

Let's find out how fast the car is? Well, the car is definitely not as fast as a 996-997 turbo or anything like that. Let's be real. In BMW world though the car is FAST! I have surprised lots of E36 M3's, E34 M5, E46 M3, etc. In general, the car is super fun to drive and makes you smile. I made these few "tests" with my friend's cars just to see what the car is capable of. My E30 has never been tracked or abused. It's too nice to take it to the track.

What is the asking price? The car itself, engine S50 B30 euro spec, E30 M3 leather interior, tons of parts, and including the fact that I have spent so much money on this project, the investment exceeds the 27,000 Euros benchmark. I am offering this unique E30 for the low price of 12,000 Euros. Offers are accepted near/by the asking price. If you think the asking price is actually as much as a very clean E36 M3 with super low km, it is true, BUT my opinion is that this E30 is a lot more rare, unique and fun to drive compared to the regular E36/46 M3 seen on every corner and stop light. Its a turn key car, fill 95 gas and enjoy. You will not be disappointed with this E30. REMEMBER THIS CAR IS A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING!!!!!!!! - A TRUE SLEEPER.

Title: Is a Greek registered car. It has a clear title, NOT salvage, no accidents. Chassis has around 130,000km's. All fresh S50 B30 has 42,000km's.

SHIPPING CAN BE ARRANGED

NO TIME-WASTERS & DREAMERS

Contact details:
Tel: +30 6944 669588
email: tsaftype4@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (15.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (84.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Resize of bmw tsaf 061.jpg (46.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (16.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (39.8 KB, 20 views)
BMW E30 318i CONVERTIBLE 1992
Italian Toys - GERMAN WAR MACHINES
WRC is for boys - GROUP B WAS FOR MEN
Old March 31st 2011, 07:52

The car has been sold. I am kindly requesting the admins to lock this thread.
BMW E30 318i CONVERTIBLE 1992
Italian Toys - GERMAN WAR MACHINES
WRC is for boys - GROUP B WAS FOR MEN