GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old May 18th 2015, 04:41

magnaspark crank trigger

Can anyone offer me there installation scenario with this system? I purchased a brand new crank trigger magnaspark ignition system , I have stumbled across an issue where the billet sensor bracket will not fit with a Porsche fan, also the sensor plug interferes with the fan there is not enough space. Crying shame i will have to modify. Regards Brent
Old May 23rd 2015, 12:25

is this on a type 1 motor or a type 4 motor? reason i ask is cause go on over to thedubshop.net and he sells crank trigger kits for both type 1 & 4 that are hidden and would not be in the way of your fan or shroud. good luck.
Old May 23rd 2015, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookvw View Post
is this on a type 1 motor or a type 4 motor? reason i ask is cause go on over to thedubshop.net and he sells crank trigger kits for both type 1 & 4 that are hidden and would not be in the way of your fan or shroud. good luck.
Ok I will have a look thank you, the magnaspark system is a total complete ready to bolt on system, ECU, cd, loom, plug leads, coil pack, sensor, brackets, the whole unit. I have had no choice but to trim the lip off my bottom of my fan, and modify the sensor bracket, however the sensor plug is still an issue with space. it also has to work with the sensor wheel which has a trigger notch and must line up at the correct point to work, also it has the key way to fit the crank so im stuck with that position. I always research and ask questions but never thought of the fan one. Thanks Brent
Old May 23rd 2015, 19:16

type 1

Sorry to mention its a type 1
Old October 20th 2015, 04:05

plug gap

Can someone running the crank trigger magnaspark system tell me what is the ideal spark plug gap please?

11/1 comp
av gas

Cheers Brent