GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old December 3rd 2009, 05:08

You you're right Clive. I purposely try to get the most out of it (life) as you never know when its over.
In the meantime, as long as you havn't won the lottery, you can always crash at my place when your 'around'
Old December 3rd 2009, 08:19

Thanks Wally, I much appreciate the offer. (BTW I have terrible luck with the lottery- I nearly won a share of the E100M prize a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have a single number!)
Clive
Old January 9th 2010, 05:29

He's on YouTube too!

Wally VS the ricer

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old January 9th 2010, 06:13

Cool find Jason!, I've never seen this particular vid before myself!

The driver from that civic is actually a very nice guy
Its not only supercharged, but he uses NOS injection as an intercooler as well. Using NOS like that I think is a very good idea, which I like to investigate some more. He had about 350-375 hp there.

Thanks!
Old January 9th 2010, 10:15

Fried rice....tasty! The technology that the ricers use is something to look at closely.They get some serious power out of those little engines.Of course, it doesn´t do much good with front wheel drive - it´s like doing the 100m sprint on your hands.
NOS injection for the intercooler is very effective,but expensive.C0² is just as effective,cheaper and kills the envirionment just as good.So if used,only if there is no possibility of beeing inhaled.The good thing is,it will not burn.However,refills are not possible everywhere, whether it´s nitrous or any other substance that has to be under pressure.I think water/methanol or only methanol injection would be more practicle than spraying the intercooler from the outside.For drag racing I would use plain water to spray the intercooler and water/methanol injected in the manifold.
Old January 9th 2010, 10:33

Hey Mark,

I may have explained it wrongly: he doesn't spray it ON the intercooler, but he sprays it 'dry' so to speak IN the inlet tract, so without extra fuel.
Probably it works like waterinjection that way?
I don't completely understand yet how and what exactly, but as I said above, I sure will investigate this ;-).
Old January 10th 2010, 07:46

If he sprays it in dry,depending on the amount of course is a bit on the risky side.A lot of ricers use Nos and insane amounts of boost.To get that 10ths less on the ET is important to some,but I wouldn´t recommend it if you´re depending the car to get you home from the track.So he may be using it not only as a cooling agent,but also to get even higher cylinder pressure.I would rather inject methanol it´s safer and cheaper.Or run E85 and crank up the boost some more and use methanol injection.Methanol and Ethanol have a very similar density.That GT3076 will take you past 2 bar.. GO GET `EM WALLY!!