GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old January 7th 2005, 08:59

the search is over

Hi guy's. I have not posted here in awhile, but just to update you guy's. I have recently bought a running 2.0 type4 in jamaica. I hear this engine was in a bug years ago. I want to tear down the motor and check and replace any worn parts. Has anyone used any of the bug me video's to overhaul an engine, was the instruction in the video clear and to the point.
Old January 7th 2005, 09:43

Congrats on the find! :agree:

Jake (the guy in the TIV Bug Me video) built my engine so I didn't use the tapes, but I have heard nothing but great things about them. I would strongly recommend getting the TIV one. And depending on where you are with cooling, consider the DTM shroud. There is a video for that install as well (although it isn't really needed since it is so easy). Here is some info on them and I think there is Bug Me video info available there too since he resells the videos for TIVs.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old January 7th 2005, 13:28

I have the Bug-Me TypeIV engine rebuild DVD and the TypeIV DTM installation video. If you are looking to do the rebuild on your own they are well worth the money. They don't cover every aspect of the rebuild, but they will make it easier and may keep you out of trouble. Look at getting a Bentley's manual too if you don't have one...
Old January 8th 2005, 05:16

I also have both videos. I would defiently reccommend both, first the rebuild, and then the DTM one. Even if you don't buy a DTM the conversion video will still help in advice and explainations of what you need to do to put the type IV into the bug. Try to get both of them.

rip
Old January 8th 2005, 16:01

Thanks guys for the compliments..

We could nEVER go over every detail on a rebuild in such a short tape and we wanted to keep it simple enough that it didn't discourage TIV Newbies from trying a rebuild.

Look for two more Bug Me Videos in Late 2005 of 2006!

One will be the TIV Performance engine build and the other a tuning video to cover carb and dizzy issues..

Also look for the "Video tour of Aircooled Technology" sometime in 2005. I am doing a tape to send to prospectful buyers that shows our entire shop, what we do and even has a few interviews with some customers and their cars. Tis is because few of my customers ever see the shop and we work behind closed doors- not open to the public...
Old January 10th 2005, 08:40

2.0l engine

That would be nice if i could get all the videos. Jake the engine i got has a porsche fan shroud on it i know that you have a mold from joe,but are you going to do any of these shrouds soon.
Old January 12th 2005, 05:04

These videos /dvds sound just what I am after, currently thinking about going from 2.0l to 2.3l, do they cover going to a bigger bore etc...

Where are they avalible from?. I have never heard of them down here in New Zealand.

Paul Grey
Auckland, New Zealand
paulgnz@hotmail.com