GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old June 21st 2006, 14:31

2270 Massive Type Four Jake Raby Engine

I Have available a 2270 Type Four Engine Built by Jake Raby this engine comes with fully programmable EFI with DTM Cooling amongst other goodies it is not far off of one of Jakes Superhero engines as far as its spec goes. it is unused and ready to rock,if you are aware of Jakes work an reputation you will know you are dealing with the best money can buy and you may also be aware he has a long waiting list, however this Engine is available now and is currently FOR SALE ON EBAY NOW . Full spec Engine Specs : 2270 TYPE FOUR with programmable Fuel injecteion built by Americas premiere engine builder Jake Raby, see www.Rabys aircooled Technology or check fourth dimension radio Engine case - 021 / 022 Type 4 Engine Bearings - Original VW KOLBENSCHMIDT Crankshaft - 78.4mm OEM, Balanced counterweighted Connecting rods - H beam 5.400 length Camshaft - web cam, custom grind Lifters - LN engineering ceramic Cylinder and piston assemblies - 96mm cast iron cylinders with 96mm Hypereuctectic pistons Cylinder heads - New castings, full stage II port and polish with hand shaped chambers with balanced chamber volumes Pushrods - Manton Chromoly, cut to length Rocker arms - VW forged units, 1.3:1 ratio, solid spacers Valves - stainless steel made by Marnel Valve adjusters - 911 swivel feet Oil pump - Modified type1 / schadek 30mm gears, blueprinted Ignition - Mallory Unilite distributor Ignition - Bosch Cooling System - DTM Stage IV Flywheel - 210mm RAT conversion Pressure plate - Sachs Clutch disc - Sachs Exhaust - supplied by RAT Induction - RAT EFI with dual TWM throttle bodies and fuel rails. Kit comes complete with fuel pump, pressure regulator and injectors, baseline tuned Inclusing: - Dyno tuning - Cryogenic enhancement - Standard blueprinting service - severe duty valve train - extensive dyno testing - composite lifters Inclusive extras : - Cryogenic treatment upgrade (full engine treatment) - Upgrade to programmable EFI (full kit with dyno set up and tuning included) - Full flow oiling system upgrade The cost of this engine would cost youmore than £ 12,500 at todays prices and you would have to wait aproxamatley 18 months for Jake to start the build due to his long waiting list and demand for his work. the engine is obviously not for the faint hearted neither in pocket nor perfomance it has dyno charts available and has never been used and its waiting at Jakes Engine biulding facility. shipping can be organized worldwide as the engine is currently in Georgia US, Serious enquiries only please, thanks

Last edited by graham; August 19th 2007 at 03:41.
Old June 21st 2006, 19:29

Probably wouldn't hurt to post where you are and approximate price. I would love the engine but I'm betting you're not in southern Alberta
Old June 22nd 2006, 01:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyboy
I'm betting you're not in southern Alberta
Ha ha ... or the east coast of the good ol' U. S. of A.
Old June 22nd 2006, 21:15

This is a very good engine for someone. Graham has had a bit of misfortune and cannot take delivery of this engine to put into his project car.

Here is the current state of the build:

The engine is only awaiting final Dyno work. It could be shipped upon my return from Lemans if it was purchased from Graham promptly.

Here are some specs...
The engine has 9.6:1 CR, RAT 9500 Cam, LE 200 heads, Deluxe cylinder and piston kit in 96mm, Ceramic lifters, RAT/SDS EFI with Jenvey 40mm T/B and stainless steel Bellcrank linkage. I could give any interested party full details of the build- no problem.

This engine is a near mirror image of the "Hot VWs Type 4 Torquer", but with EFI and more exotic components as well as better balance and blueprint. This is a good deal for someone who does not wish to hang out on my wait list for months. This same engine would cost at todays prices 17.5K (Graham had his price locked in from over a solid year of being on my wait list)

As far as the life of the engine goes- There are no guarantees of any engine's longevity. While I have many engines that are not built as well as this one that have logged many more miles than 100K, all it takes is bad fuel or mis tuning to make the engine's life come to a premature end. This is why all my engines are sold without warranty.

The engine could be shipped directly from my facility, no problems there.
Old October 26th 2006, 17:24

Question

Is this motor still for sale?

(has to be worth asking)
Old January 7th 2007, 05:31

rat engine

this engine is definately still available i intend selling it as soon as possible it is on ebay U K now.

Last edited by graham; August 18th 2007 at 17:26.